A patron loaned his iPhone to a stranger who then fled with the phone.
Schools out for summer! Recent phone thefts on BART: July 18 2018 7:20pm https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25180/ July 18 2018 7:07pm https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25179/ July 12 2018 4:40pm https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25148/ July 12 2018 4:33pm https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25149/ July 11 2018 11:46am https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25142/ July 8 2018 5:07 https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25133/ July 6 2018 4:14pm https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25121/ July 5 2018 3:19pm https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25113/ July 5 2018 3:34pm https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25112/ July 4 2018 5:09pm https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25108/ July 4 2018 2:04pm https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25105/ July 3 2018 6:10pm https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25102/ July 1 2018 2:55pm https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25092/ July 1 2018 2:18pm https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25093/ June 30 2018 8:20pm https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25093/ June 30 2018 11:19am https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25087/ June 30 2018 10:00am https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25089/
July 6 2018 4:14pm https://www.bartcrimes.com/incident/25121/
Criminals love BART because riders and tourists have the false sense of security. They believe that there are working cameras to prevent thefts, they think that everyone is a paying rider just like them, and they believe that there is an active police force to apprehend any criminals. The criminals know all of that to be bullshti and they know there is a 99% chance they won’t be caught committing crimes, and in the 1% chance they they are, the punishment is a slap on the wrist.