At 1519 hrs., the LAS station agent reported that near the northside ticket vendors there were 3 plastic laboratory vials, inside a rubber glove, atop a trash can. A sergeant and K-9 officer responded. They summoned the fire dept., who called out their hazmat team. The hazmat team removed the material. The hazmat team supervisor said that had acid, which was in one vial, been mixed with iodine, which was in another other vial, and "the oxidizer base" (unk. material), which was in the third vial, it could have caused a small-pressure explosion. That would have released a vapor that could make people ill. There was no service disruption as a result of this incident. It was not necessary to evacuate the station. Just the affected area was blocked off. The situation was resolved at approx. 1715 hrs. The JTTF officer was notified, as was the TSA's TSOC. The incident is being investigated and documented.